Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Ch 81

Editor: Angel

Chapter 81 Persuading Ding Yuelan to stay


    Ding Yuelan could not stop laughing, and her crisp laughter seemed like pearls falling onto the ground: “Then I have to wear this dress more frequently when I go out in the future, but this one dress is not enough. You should prepare at least two sets of clothes so that I can change and wash the other." 

    "Of course. When the business in Niyunfang is done and we reopen, I will make ten sets of clothing for my Lady, so that you don't have to wear the same set every day." 

    "It used to be fine however I can no longer afford the clothes here." Ding Yuelan said, seeing Jinlan refilled the ginger tea, and sipped her tea slowly. 

    "Then I will give it to my Lady for free." 

    Ding Yuelan still shook her head, and the smile on the face slowly converged: "The words I said just now was a joke. I’m here today to say goodbye to you. Although you and I may only have a little friendship, but I always feel that I can’t leave without saying a word to you.” 

    Perhaps this was because of the last rainy night, the sight of the little girl in front of her holding up an umbrella for her and giving her a place to temporarily stay. After that event, she would always think back to that night and feel that there was still warmth in the world, so she paid more attention to young miss Mu. 

    "Leaving, my Lady is going to leave? I haven’t heard any news that Xuan Fu has asked Zhou Daren to be transferred from his current post." 

    "I’ll have nothing to do with Xuan Fu in the future," Ding Yuelan said, her eyes full of bitterness, but her lips were slightly raised, "Even if I don’t say it, tomorrow you will also hear the news. I want to make peace with Xuan Fu by separating. By my parents think I made them lose face (TN: reputation) and drove me out of the door.  I’ve reached rock bottom. There’s no place for me here anymore so I have to leave." 

    Ding Yuelan lightly brushed the golden silk cotton embroidered on the cuffs of her clothes. Her eyes brimmed with water and they were shaking but no tears fell even after a long time. 

    Mu Yunyao’s heart trembled, and then with a warm voice she uttered: "If Lady Ding does not mind, how about staying in Niyunfang?"

    Ding Yuelan looked up in disbelief, “You… what did you just say?” She already made her situation clear, and Mu Yunyao should also understand the stakes. Persuading her to stay here at this time, did she know how much trouble this move would bring to Niyunfang?

    "I want to ask my Lady to stay in Niyunfang." Mu Yunyao smiled. "Niyunfang was just opened by my mother and me. There were only eight apprentices and one guard. Moreover, the land is not big and the earning is not much. But it’s enough to shelter us from the wind and rain. Please don't dislike this option, Ma’am." 

    "Young miss Mu, you know that I didn't mean it that way. If I can stay in Niyunfang, there’s no better option than this opportunity. It’s just that you know about my current situation. When it spreads tomorrow, I don’t know how people will gossip. At that time, I’m afraid that I will implicate the whole Niyunfang and disturb its tranquility.” 

    “It’s usually quiet enough, so some liveliness is good. Just a few days ago, Lady Jin promised me that there was no one in Jingling City who would dare to tear down my Niyunfang. This is an opportunity to see if Lady Jin’s words count or not.” 

     “You..." Ding Yuelan’s eyes felt hot. When the family drove her out of the house, a little girl whom she had only seen two or three times was willing to offer her a place to stay. For whatever purpose, it was enough to make her felt deep gratitude towards her. But she could not rely on her kindness like this, "Many thanks for the offer young miss Mu. But no need." 

    "I think my Lady has already known that I’ve been busy recently with many things. I’m really busy with teaching embroidery to Jingling City’s women. In addition to this, I’m going to open a tea house here. When that time arrives, I’ll be even busier to manage everything at once. I’m saying this, Lady Ding might say that I’m being selfish. My mother and I were born in poverty, my mother is not sociable and if Lady Ding helps her, I would be at ease to manage the tea house wholeheartedly.” 

    Ding Yuelan was silent. Mu Yunyao saw her not making a sound and she did not urge her, sitting on the side waiting peacefully. She believed that the fiery-tempered woman in front of her would not give up and admit defeat so easily. 

    After a long time, Ding Yuelan finally said: "Then I will thank Little Boss first." 

    Mu Yunyao laughed and said: "Madame says it like that to make fun of me."

    "Young miss, now, I am no longer the wife of Zhou Xuan Fu, but an ordinary person employed in Niyunfang. If you are so polite to me, I’m afraid that I can’t stay in Niyunfang in the future."

   “How about this, you are now in charge of Niyunfang so I’ll call you shopkeeper  Ding?" For Ding Yuelan to be able to let go of her past, Mu Yunyao felt extremely satisfied. Ding Yuelan's arrival was also a solution to her urgent need. Before, she worried about the complex networking of women in Jingling City and the status of the lady with her husband and the public. Hence, for a while, she could not find the right person to be Niyunfang’s shopkeeper. Ding Yuelan took the initiative to come and help her solve this big problem. 

    Ding Yuelan nodded, with indescribable gratitude in her eyes: "Young miss Mu, thank you." 

    "Everyone has their own difficult times. When one can, one should offer their hands to help. One can't be sure that later when they faced some difficulties, they will also be able to encounter a good-hearted person who is willing to reach out.” 

    Ding Yuelan carefully scrutinized Mu Yunyao with amazement in her eyes. The girl in front of her eyes was beautiful and charming. Although she could see the traces of innocence and tenderness on her face, but after coming into contact with her twice, she almost forgot her real age. 

    Who would have thought that such a young girl could say such things and actually handle matters in a crazy way, such that she seemed to be able to take care of everything. She thought that maybe her meeting with Mu Yunyao was a chance to her from heaven: "Then, I shall ask for the Little Boss to take care of me more in the future." 

    The two people looked at each other and could not help laughing which made Jin Lan, who was carrying the ginger tea into the room, felt confused. 

    Mu Yunyao waved her hand down: "I asked Jin Qiao to help clean the room. You’ll stay here tonight. Wait until tomorrow to see what’s missing and just ask Liu Liang to go and buy it." 

    Ding Yuelan also did not act polite and nodded directly. 

    Mu Yunyao took her to the room and then went back to the upper floor to rest. There was time to talk more in the future, so she did not have to rush. 

    After Mu Yunyao left, Ding Yuelan looked around. The room was not big, but was fully furnished with an extraordinarily elegant layout. There was a pot of orchids in the middle of the table. The branches and leaves were verdant and lush, with thriving vitality. The people who saw it felt the whole person livelier a few points more: "How unexpected, a small room can actually make one’s mind feel particularly at ease.” 

    After a night’s rest, the weather cleared up. Perhaps due to the previous night’s rain, when windows were opened, there was a sense of coolness, it felt especially comfortable and pleasant. 

    That night, Ding Yuelan slept unsteadily. In the morning, there was a stir in the building so she woke up and wanted to open the door for business but she felt extremely awkward. 

    While she was in a difficult situation, she suddenly heard the knock on the door and opened it. She saw Mu Yunyao standing at the door with a smile, as if facing the blooming flowers in the morning glow, it revealed a vibrant spirit: "Young miss Mu. " 

    “Today is the first day of work for the shopkeeper. I don't know how the shopkeeper’s rest last night was? When we’re having breakfast in the morning, everyone should get together and chat for a while. There are many things to do next, so I'll take this opportunity to let the shopkeeper meet with the apprentices." 

   "Good." Ding Yuelan smiled. Mu Yunyao's thoughtful attitude eased the tension and embarrassment in her heart.




Comments