PPRW 97

Mu Yunyao in manhua (her helpless face due to being gifted to Yue Wang out of the blue)

Chapter 97, Beware of those people


     "Yin Hong jie, it’s been a while since you’ve come to Niyunfang."

    "Greetings to Mu guniang. Furen is currently very busy and has no time to go out. Today, Furen told me to come and ask Miss to come to the manor as a guest, I was able to leave the house.” Yin Hong’s attitude toward Mu Yunyao was respectful with a trace of relatives, and there was no previous freedom.

    Mu Yunyao nodded quickly: "Just nice. I also want to talk to Furen about some things. I will go."

    "Good, the carriage is ready at the entrance."

    Mu Yunyao came to Cao Fu, but found that there were a lot fewer people in the manor, and I can't help but ask Yin Hong: "Yin Hong jie, it seems that there are fewer people in the manor?"

    "The lady sent them out to distribute porridge. And since there are too many people learning embroidery, it is not easy for people to gather together. Due to the long time of study, going home to eat in the middle will waste a lot of time. Thus, the lady used the manor’s private money to buy rice porridge as afternoon meal for the women in Jingling City."

     "Furen is wise." One did not know how much reputation would Lady Jin won from this move.

    Entering the room, Mu Yunyao saw the embroidery frame placed by Lady Jin at her hand: "I have seen Furen."

    "Quickly get up (from saluting). I hurriedly called you over, I didn't delay your business, right?"

    "It’s Furen that’s very busy handling many affairs at once. I am very leisurely, how can I be delayed?" 

    Lady Jin smiled, waiting for the Yin Hong to end the tea and waved for her to retreat: "Yunyao, today I called you to come because there is something to discuss with you. It’s already about to enter the eight month. Most of the year has passed. At the end of the year, you have to offer a tribute to the emperor. I want to hear your ideas."

    Mu Yunyao immediately showed a few points of fear: "Furen, you’re certainly making fun of me. I don’t know anything about the annual ceremony. Just a small show building of Niyunfang has left me with my hands full."

    “You ah, don't underestimate yourself. I see that you are no worse than those famous ladies in the capital. You are always intelligent and skilful. I really can't think of anything suitable and have come to ask you. What's more, you teach needlework. You have made great contributions in Jingling City. The emperor also wants to reward you when he sees your merits. You can also show your face when giving the annual tribute. I'm sure if you can get the emperor's praise again, it will be a lifelong achievement for you! "

    Mu Yunyao still shook her head: "Furen, I can't really do this kind of thing. Becoming the taller tree in the forest, the wind will destroy it. Her purpose has been reached, there was no need to seize this wave. 

    Lady Jin sighed: "Then I will think about it again. Recently, the things of Ding's family have also been exposed. Ding Lao Ye and Ding Lao Furen are too much. Xuan Wei has made the Ding family retreated, and Ding Yuexin's reputation has also been completely destroyed. Because the matter involved many people, the governor can't make decisions without permission, and he has already informed the Holy One. After a few days, there will be news of disposal. You should pay more attention during this period of time."

(TN: The emperor is also called the Holy One and Son of Heaven.)

    Mu Yunyao couldn't stop herself from being surprised: "What’s the news, Furen?"

    "It’s nothing. I just heard that Jingling Tongzhi had a deep affection for his wife Ding Yuexin. After such a thing happened, he was very angry."

    Mu Yunyao suddenly understood that when she exposed the face of the Ding family, she offended the three sons in law of the Ding family at the same time. It was said that it will have no impact on their career. But how could these three people not have grudges?

    Seeing her understood, Lady Jin comforted her: "You don't have to worry too much. I will definitely protect your Niyunfang. You have merits to Jingling City. They naturally don't dare to do anything on the surface, but can’t say what they’ll do secretly. You and your mother should take more precautions."

    Mu Yunyao gratefully glanced at Lady Jin, worries written on her face: "Thank you for reminding me, I will definitely be more careful."

    Lady Jin couldn’t help but smile: "Well, look at you, I just want to remind you that what you are worried about is that Jingling Tongzhi is not foolish to not know how to distinguish the propriety and severity of the problem. If they dare to stretch their hands too long, Cao Daren will not ignore them.”

    “Yes, there is Furen here so my heart can calm down a lot." Mu Yunyao sighed, although still worried, but the eyebrows were loose. Lady Jin was secretly satisfied with her. Mu Yunyao had just made great achievements. If something really happened, Cao Yunnian would eat the first loss. She just said that, one, as a reminder, and the second, was to sell her favour. Today she could teach needlework for the women in Jingling City, tomorrow one is not sure if she can make another big thing. There is no fault in making a lot of friends.

    A burst of headaches suddenly came and Lady Jin rubbed her forehead.

    Mu Yunyao couldn't help but carefully look at Lady Jin's complexion. She looked pale and asked out of concern: "Furen looks like you’ve lost a lot of weight, you need to pay more attention to rest."

    "There have been many things in the recent period, I'm always afraid of any mistakes, so I often have to pay attention to them. In addition, the weather is hot and my appetite is not good. I'll be more relaxed after this has passed. "

    Mu Yunyao carefully scrutinized Lady Jin.

    Lady Jin couldn't help but wonder: "What's the matter, is there something wrong with me?"

    Mu Yunyao smiled and said: "I want to read Furen’s pulse."

    Lady Jin was stunned, and then her eyelids jumped. Although she tried to control it, she could not stop her lips from trembling: "...alright."

    Mu Yunyao’s three fingers were gently placed on Lady Jin's wrist, the time of diagnosis was a little long. Lady Jin's heart had already stuck in her throat. Seeing her fingers being put away, she couldn't stop repeatedly asking: "How is it?"

    Mu Yunyao stood up and bowed to Lady Jin, and her face wore a bright smile: "Congratulations to Furen. In a few more months, Furen will become busier."

    Lady Jin was full of disbelief, her fingers twitching on the lower abdomen: "Yunyao, is what you said true? I really have a child now?"

    Mu Yunyao nodded quickly: "Now the month is still shallow, that is to say, it's been about a month and a half that Furen’s monthly affairs have been delayed. Why didn't you find someone to take a look?”

    "My monthly affairs have always been irregular. Sometimes only once in two months, In addition, I've been so busy recently that I've neglected it. Yunyao, thank you very much! If it is not for your reminder, I don’t know when I will realize that there is a fetus in the abdomen. If I accidentally move the foetus, I will surely regret till my intestines turn green."

    “Furen really works hard for the welfare of the women in Jingling City. Heaven is moved by Furen's sincerity and blessed to get what you want. Heaven will surely bless Furen to have a safe and smooth labor.”

    "Right, safe and smooth labor." Hearing this sentence, Lady Jin was happier than receiving 100,000 silver liang. She hurriedly called Yin Hong to come over and asked her to give two months' reward to the servants in the mansion. She also personally wrapped a big red seal for Mu Yunyao. "Yunyao, you can't refuse. If I don't have you, I won't have this child in my belly."

    Mu Yunyao took over the red seal: "If that's the case, then I won’t be polite. Thank you for the lady's reward."

    Lady Jin was increasingly pleased: "This red seal is not for nothing. In the next few months, you have to come to Cao Fu from time to time. Without you, I really can't feel at ease."

    She got pregnant, and her maternal family would surely suspect that she had noticed their dirty schemes, and doubted that they would secretly attack the child in her belly, so she should be more careful.

    "Since I took Furen's red seal, I’ll naturally be available at any time. If there is anything wrong with Furen, you can call me at any time." 

    "Well, since you said this, I will be relieved."

(TN: Since they didn’t mention what kind of seal the red seal is, I’m guessing it’s the seal that grants permission for Mu Yunyao to enter and exit Cao Manor freely. But it might grant other privileges such as being a proof that she’s connection with Cao Manor.)

____________________________________________________________________________
Hello, dear readers! Sorry for lack of update! I’m in the middle of my finals. I’m being lazy today because I have a 6 day gap for my next paper and I have the sudden urge to ‘practice’ my translation again. Afraid I’ve lost my passion nor my touch after so long haha. Well, you can expect the next update after 17th Nov lol.



Comments