Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Ch 79

Chapter 79 Gratifying progress


    Looking at the ladies hurriedly left, Mu Yunyao couldn't help but smile. This was the result of her deliberation with Lady Jin. She taught the unique embroidery methods of the woman in Jingling and once it was done, it would be a great credit. If this credit was only shared by Niyunfang and Cao Yunnian, those who were jealous would probably directly tear them apart. It was better to let these people participate in it. One has lost a lot of constraints. Secondly, these people will fight for their merits. They would even try to exaggerate this merit and then sent it to the emperor. In the end, Niyunfang and Cao Manor took the lead.

    Because there were many people who were enthusiastic about helping out, Mu Yunyao did not have much to do on hand, so she concentrated on hastening the embroidery of the clothes with Jin Lan and the others.

    When she finally managed to take a breath, she realized that seven or eight days had already passed and Yue Wang had already left.

    The progress of the Jinxiu Garden was gratifying. Lady Jin had taken a big favour from Mu Yunyao and thus urged those who helped in renovating the Jinxiu Garden to do their work well and quickly. Therefore, it had only been a short time and many places had already begun to reach the final stages of the renovation.

    The person in charge of supervision, who was called shopkeeper Jin, came to Mu Yunyao and said: "Girl, according to your instructions, Jinxiu Garden has been restored. When do you have time to see it? If there’s no problem, we’ll continue to repair it according to the drawings. "

(TN: Another Jin person I cray cray translating this. Author, please take pity on me translating it and the readers who have to memorise the same name but different peeps. Ayyy 😭)

    Mu Yunyao was rejoicing after listening to her words. After she tossed and turned so much about it, Niyunfang could not make much money for the time being. The soon-to-be-opened teahouse was her future money tree: "En, I’ll let Jin Lan inform you before I go there and see it with you."


*****


    These days were so busy he did not even have time to stand still for a while. In spite of that, Qin Guan’s heart had been occupied with what Yue Wang would do at times like this. After all, it was the place of the prince’s, and it was borrowed to the person. Naturally he had to be extra careful so as to not to leave any ill-feeling behind.

    When Mu Yunyao had just arrived at the entrance of Jinxiu Garden, Qin Guan had already been waiting there. Seeing her coming down the carriage, his smile was very gentle: "Greetings, Mu girl."

    "Greetings Qin Guan shi. I came in a hurry so I didn't prepare anything. These two days, I’m only able to make some small snacks to bring for you to have a taste."

    Qin Guan quickly took the small box containing the snacks: "Thank you, girl, for coming today to see the progress of the garden’s renovation. Not to mention, after a touch from the girl's wonderful hand, I could not bear to turn my eyes away from looking at the garden."

    Shopkeeper Jin yelled at the side: "These days, there are Old Qin Guan shi who bring some people to help out too, otherwise the progress will not be so fast."

    Mu Yunyao gratefully looked at Qin Guan: "It’s difficult to rely on a thank you word alone to express the gratitude in my heart. If it’s not too much to give you something, then I can only wait for the Jinxiu Garden to be completed. I found a good plant and made the tea leaves by myself. Asking Qin Guan shi to give it a try as an expression of my gratitude. "

    “It’s the blessing of the old slave." Qin Guan secretly lamented. This girl, the more he looked, the more he felt satisfied with her. Everything she did and spoke had no pretentiousness. Every word from her made people felt comfortable! 

    While talking, they walked into the Jinxiu Garden. Because it had to be changed into a teahouse, she would like to add a lot of tables, chairs, and small pavilions. She had to consider that she had added enough things to entertain many guests, but be careful so as to not destroy the scenery in the garden. Mu Yunyao took a painstaking effort to oversee the garden’s renovation. Now, looking at the nearly finished beautiful garden, she felt all her efforts had not been in vain.

    "Shopkeeper Jin, I saw that there’s nothing wrong with it. Shopkeeper Jin can complete the work as soon as possible according to the present arrangement. Here are some silver, please help me buy some wine and snacks to go with the liquor as a reward for the craftsmen who helped to repair the garden.”

    "I don’t dare to take it. The salary given by Mu girl is already very high, these..." shopkeeper Jin repeatedly refused.

    Mu Yunyao smiled and said: "All of you are doing your best so you can trim out the outline in just a few days. I don’t think you guys have had a good rest properly for a few days and they even have to work in turns. Besides, this money will only be enough for the shopkeeper to buy a light wine. It’s just a small gesture of gratitude from me. Please don’t refuse it, or I’ll be really uncomfortable."

    "Since the girl has already said so for our sake, I’ll not decline anymore. In behalf of all the craftsmen, I thank the girl for your kindness." Shopkeeper Jin took the silver and went down to prepare things. Qin Guan accompanied Mu Yunyao to sit in the pavilion.

    Mu Yunyao opened her mouth: "These days there are so many things that I didn't have time to send Siye off when he left. Now that I think about it, I really feel sorry.”

    Qin Guan smiled and shook his head: "The girl doesn't have to worry about it. When Siye departed, he was in a hurry, he didn’t even have time to say goodbye to the girl. But Siye told me that if the girl had anything to tell him, the girl can write a letter to him.”

    Mu Yunyao was dumbfounded and could not help but weighed the words from Qin Guan: ‘Write a letter? Did Yue Wang’s implying something? Is it to say that he’s not assured that she would be greedy with his business, and then let myself report the situation of Jingling City from time to time? If this is the case, in order to give him peace of mind, this letter still has to be written.’

    "Alright, in the future, I’ll write a letter from time to time, so that Siye can also understand the situation in Jinxiu Garden."

    Qin Guan was full of smiles: "Siye will be extremely happy to receive a letter from the girl." Although he somewhat misled the girl on his own will, the master would certainly not hold this against him.

(TN: Ho~ god I told you Qin Guan is an old sly fox. He's really acting like a matchmaker auntie desperately trying to sell her son off the shelf lol. I'm simply speechless with his methods.....)


    After talking with Qin Guan for a while more, Mu Yunyao then got up and said goodbye. Shortly after returning to Niyunfang, she saw Lady Jin walked in with Yin Hong.

     "Greetings, Ma’am."

    "Get up, I said that you don't have to curtsy anymore, but you still have to do this every time."

      "The curtsy can't be abolished. If the Madame won't let me salute, it's a pity for me. If I don’t do it, I feel a little spoiled and arrogant.” Mu Yunyao said, with a mischievous look in her eyes, made people instinctively felt intimate. “Madame, quickly sit down. I made some small snacks in these two days. I think it’s pretty good. Hope Madame will give it a taste."

    "I’ve been busy for the whole day and really feel hungry now."

    "That's good. Everyone wants to be a host now and invite Madame to their banquet. There’s no chance to be in the queue!" Mu Yunyao quickly told Jin Lan and Jin Qiao to prepare the snacks and tea. "Madame is really tired these past two days, but I think the results are also very impressive and should already account for more than half of the numbers (TN: number of the registrar).”

    “En, it’s nearly done. Nevertheless, there are too many people, all of them are sent to you. However, it’s not possible for all of them to learn from you personally. According to what we’ve discussed before, we must first select the talented embroideresses and let you train them separately. After that, let them teach the others.”


    "That would have to bother the lady to worry. I only have this one skill for embroidering. Even if you let me intervene in other matters, I wouldn’t be of help." Mu Yunyao said with a bit of embarrassment on her face.


     Lady Jin looked at her like this and sighed: "This kind of opportunity, others can't ask for it, yet you even take the initiative to ask for my help first. I’m very grateful to you. Yunyao, you are smart, so I don't have to say more. I heard that you’re going to open a teahouse, just treat this as my congratulatory gift."



Comments