Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife Ch 71


Chapter 71 Leaving the last decision to the owner


    Just yesterday she said that she would temporarily close Niyunfang. It would not be a problem to go there later today hence, Mu Yunyao nodded. "Then let's go, don't let the Lady wait."

    Lady Jin was watching the flowers in the yard when Mu Yunyao arrived, and a smile immediately bloomed on her face: "How many days have I not see you and you’d lost a lot of weight? At this age when you’re growing up that you should always pay attention to your body foundation, otherwise It’ll be too late to regret it later.”

    “Greetings to my Lady,” Mu Yunyao got up after the ceremony and then answered the Lady’s question. “There are so many things in Niyunfang in these two days. Sometimes I’m too busy to even had a sip of water, but now it’s fine. I’ve decided to close Niyunfang for two months, finish the clothes on hand, and while I’m at it, I will carefully take care of myself.”

    “You’re still very young but those things you’re doing have their own particular rules. You have no choice but to pay lip service to them.” Lady Jin gestured to Mu Yunyao to sit down, and then let the people around them retreated a little farther away. “Yunyao, you and I both have a straightforward temper, so I’ll just directly say it. You may have guessed the reason I called you this time is because of the two female apprentices you sent back."

    Mu Yunyao hurriedly got up: "Lady, speaking of this matter, I am also to be blamed for my impulsiveness. At that time, when this small one heard they sold the embroidery techniques that I taught them to the Caiyue Pavilion, I got furious and couldn’t restrain myself, momentarily acted aggressively and even accidentally injured Jin Qiu..."

    "You said so, but do you blame me for not seeing clearly when I picked people, and chose two wrong-minded people for you so, do you think I was essentially at fault?"

    There was a little anxiousness on Mu Yunyao’s face: "Lady, at first, when I have nothing,  Lady bestowed me with her grace, letting me have a firm foothold in Jingling City. After that, my Lady really treated me sincerely. Am I too late in expressing my gratitude?"

    "That's not the case, these two embarrassing servants’ deeds have been given to you, it’s naturally fine however you want to deal with them. ”

    "In the end, it was the Lady who picked out the servant girls. I’m afraid that the punishment would be too light or too heavy, and let people gossiped in front of the Lady. I also accidentally wounded Jin Qiu, and my heart was already very regretful."

    "I know, if not for Jin Qiu’s action disturbing your rationality, she would not have been injured. Initially, I wanted to call you yesterday. I let Yin Hong make a trip but saw that you were busy at the store, and your complexion was bad. I pushed the meeting to today. I just want to hear your opinion on how to deal with these two people in the end."

         "By all means, Lady. In fact, Jin Qiu has been beaten, Jin Ju has also confessed her wrongs, there’s not much anger left in my heart,” Although it was a bit of a hassle to sell the embroidery method to Caiyue Pavilion, as long as the embroidery ladies who had learnt the needle method were absorbed into Niyunfang, the trouble becomes a convenience. Not to mention, now with further planning, she really did not mind the embroidery method being spread out.

        Lady Jin sighed: "You are still young. Yin Hong, tell someone to bring over Jin Qiu and Jin Ju."

    Soon, Jin Qiu and Jin Ju were dragged by two women. Their faces were pale white and their footsteps were soft when they were brought up, they immediately knelt down on the ground and helplessly begged for forgiveness in low voices: "My Lady, please have mercy..."

         Lady Jin looked cold: "As an apprentice, you had the chance to learn the embroidery and needle method with this young lady. Truthfully, you should have been grateful, but the two of you privately exchanged the techniques taught by her to others for money. This is repaying kindness with ingratitude. As a servant, you should be faithful to the master. However, not only did you betray your own master, you even dared to harm the master. This is unfaithfulness and unrighteousness. Such a person, no matter where she is, will have no foundation to live."

    Jin Qiu and Jin Ju’s faces went deathly pale, half lying on the ground while crying and pleading: "Please, I implore my Lady to spare this slave’s life. this slave already knows my wrongs. This slave was blinded by money and became ignorant. This slave no longer dares to misbehave and will certainly serve the master wholeheartedly in the future..."

    Jin Ju knelt on the ground and kowtowed a couple of times, her forehead turning purple.

      Lady Jin’s fierce look did not budge in the slightest: “It was only because Yunyao remembered that I was the one who chose you two, so she didn’t deal with you directly. I also considered that you’ve been in Cao Manor for many years, so I wouldn’t directly ask for your life.”

    Jin Qiu and Jin Ju heard her and were overjoyed: "Thank you, my Lady. Thank you, my Lady for your huge grace!"

    "However,"  Lady Jin’s voice diverted their attention, "However, what you learned from Yunyao needs to go back. Wang Pozi, take them down for their punishment and afterwards dismiss them out of the house directly."

Pozi = old woman
   
"Yes, ma'am."

    Jin Qiu and Jin Ju were dumbfounded for a moment, not long after, two screams resounded in the yard.

    Wang Pozi went back to the door and clasped her fingers in the sleeve. Mu Yunyao glimpsed the edge of her sleeves were stained with a trace of blood: "Reporting to the Lady, Jin Qiu and Jin Ju can no longer move the needle."

    "En." Lady Jin waved to let Wang Pozi retreated and turned to look at Mu Yunyao: "Yunyao, do you think I’m cruel?"

    "How can it be? Seriously speaking, Madam, I am grateful that you handled the people for me.” Mu Yunyao said seriously.

    Lady Jin sighed: "I am also selfish. Both of their families have followed me since I married over. Before I found out that I couldn’t give birth, I thought they were all good, now... This can be regarded as a reason to clean up the thieves in the manor."

    Mu Yunyao did not expect that Lady Jin would tell her: "To have this kind of two-faced people near the lady be really difficult for you. it's good to deal with them as soon as possible..”

    “En, I know. Let’s not talk about these bad things. Let’s try these new lao jun mei soaked spring water, how’s the taste?”

Lao jun mei - a type of yancha tea from Wuyi mountains. It costs $22 per 25g nowadays. 

Lao jun mei tea


    “The water is verdant in colour and the fragrance is pure. It’s really a fine tea. On top of that, to be able to enjoy a drink with my Lady, it’s my good fortune.” Mu Yunyao smiled until her eyes curved, making her beautiful face glowed a little brighter, so that people could not help but smile with her.

    "I got half a catty of this tea, I'll leave two liang for the other guests, I will have Yin Hong wrap the rest up for you to take away." Lady Jin said as she gestured to Yin Hong to get the tea. "You don't have to be too courteous with me. I can't drink tea right now, it's better to use it to entertain those who already came."

1 catty = 600g = 1.32277 lbs
1 liang = 50g

    "Since the Lady said so, then I’ll accept it gratefully." Mu Yunyao stood up and made a delicate and charming salute. She responded with a melting smile. "Sure enough, he who leans on the big tree enjoys the cool shade. Now one can even enjoy such good tea."

    "You!" Lady Jin was teased by her, and the slightest discomfort in her heart dissipated like smoke.

    After drinking the tea, she chatted with Lady Jin for a while. Afterwards, she helped her by diagnosing the pulse and left for Niyunfang after finding nothing wrong with it. After Yin Hong was sent back, she saw that Lady Jin was watching Mu Yunyao’s tea cup, and cautiously said: "Lady, is there something wrong with Mu girl?"


🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
O god you don’t know how anguished I was bc the literal translation is gentleman eyebrows and scoured the internet for Laojun (can also be a name or referring to a man). Lastly I just typed in lao jun mei and behold! It’s a freaking tea! AKSAJgdkjasjdkGSJDGSA 🤦‍♀️
And this bad cliffhanger is not my doing ok~



Comments